Thursday 31 December 2020

Revisiting the 'Wide Pic' Panoramic Camera

Wide Pic Panoramic Camera with Ilford FP4 Plus

After using the Coronet 66 last month for the #shittycamerachallenge, I decided to revisit a camera used previously for the challenge - the Wide Pic Panoramic Camera. I made little concession to the lighting conditions when shooting with it - I only had a couple of part-used rolls of Ilford FP4 Plus, and even shooting on days when it was sunny, on a couple of convalescent walks, the light was still not bright enough. I could have pushed the FP4, although the main issue was lack of shadow detail, so this may not have helped much. When using the camera before, I'd used 400 ISO film in the summer, which was fine for the single speed, single aperture plastic camera; ideally I would have used HP5 Plus perhaps, and developed it in such a way as to try to get as much shadow detail as I could, but, such is the contingent nature of the #shittycamerachallenge that the photographs will have to suffice for the last post of the year.








No comments:

Post a Comment