Saturday 29 February 2020

'Take Your Box Camera To Work Day' 2020


Yesterday's Take Your Box Camera To Work Day was mostly overcast and rainy throughout; appropriate to the lighting conditions, I shot two rolls of cut-down medium format Ilford HP5 Plus. I used my Baby Box Tengor again, both for its portability and that the 'half-frame' 127 format gives 16 frames on a roll. I pushed the film one stop in development in an attempt to compensate for the low, diffused light of the overcast day; given the lighting conditions, shots taken on the instantaneous setting were still a little thin, while many of the frames shot on the 'B' setting were somewhat overexposed, rather different from my results on last year's equivalent day with much better light. I was more daring than I tend to be with long exposures: without using a tripod, I balanced the camera on available (horizontal) surfaces, but also braced it against windows, and, in the last shot below, the side of a bus stop; some of these results are not especially sharp, but extended the possibilities for shooting with the limitations of a simple box camera.











No comments:

Post a Comment